Cyanoacrylate adhesives are associated with a number of benefits, these include:
- Super glues bond extremely fast compared to other types of glue. The speed of bonding is usually measured in seconds and this depends on the working materials and the environment. The bond tends to be faster in environments that are warmer and have higher humidity.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives form very strong rigid bonds. This varies slightly depending on environment, materials and grade but is still high.
- Super glues are quite versatile thus will work with several materials. This means that they easily bond with glass, ceramics, wood and common metals as well certain kinds of plastics and rubber.
- CA glues are cost effective to use. This is because a single drop can cover an area of up to 25mm². This is why it is not advisable to use too much as it can decrease final bond strength.
- Super glues are never mixed with anything during the manufacturing process, this is beneficial because of not having to achieve precise combinations.